Prawn, Chorizo & Chicken Jambalaya
Prep time: 30 MinCook time: 45 MinInactive time: 10 MinTotal time: 1 H & 25 M
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 500 g Chicken Thighs, large diced pieces
- 250 - 500 grams Raw Prawns, shelled & deveined
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Red Capsicum, chopped into cubes
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Crushed
- 4 Chorizo Sausages, sliced 2cm thick
- 2 tbsp Creole Seasoning
- 250 g Long Grain Rice
- 400g can Tomatoes, diced or crushed,/i>
- 350 ml Chicken Stock
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan with a lid.
- Add the chicken and chorizo and cook until the chicken is cooked and the chorizo has browned slightly.
- Add in the onion and cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the pepper, garlic, and Creole Seasoning. Cook for 5 mins more.
- Add the uncooked rice.
- Add the tomatoes and stock and prawns.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 mins until the rice is tender stirring every so often so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add more chicken stock if it gets a bit too dry.
- Once the rice is cooked, turn off the fry-pan and let it sit for a few minutes.