Prawn, Chicken & Chorizo Jambalaya
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 500 grams Chicken Thighs large diced pieces
- 300 grams Raw Prawns shelled & deveined (You can add more if you want, can never have enough prawns in this dish)
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Red Capsicum chopped into cubes
- 4 Chorizo Sausages sliced 2cm thick
- 2 tablespoons Steve's Creole Seasoning
- 1 cup Long Grain Rice uncooked
- 400 grams Can Tomatoes diced or crushed
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 400 grams Mushrooms thickly sliced
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan with a lid.
- Add the chicken and chorizo and cook until the chicken is cooked and the chorizo has browned slightly.
- Add in the onion and cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the capsicum, mushrooms, and Creole Seasoning. Cook for 5 mins more.
- Add the uncooked rice, tomatoes and stock
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 mins until the rice is tender stirring every so often so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add more chicken stock if it gets a bit too dry.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the prawns and cook for a couple of minutes until the prawns turn a pick colour. Then turn off the fry-pan and let it sit for a few minutes.
Creole Seasoning is used to season many Southern dishes like Jambalaya, red beans & rice, gumbo, or used to season prawns or as a crab boil seasoning.
Made in Australia from 93% Australian grown ingredients it can also be used as a daily spice mix to season fish, vegetables, potato salads, meat, soups, or egg dishes
100% Herbs & Spices
No Preservatives, Additives, Flavours or Colours
Low Carb / Keto