Cinnamon Streusel Cake
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Bi-Carb Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Sour Cream (or I used 1 cup Sour Cream & 1 Cup Cream)
- 1 ½ teaspoon Steve's Apple Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 ¼ cups White Sugar
- 1 ½ cups Plain Flour
- 1 tablespoon Steve's Apple Pie Spice
- 6 tablespoons Butter melted
- Preheat oven to approx 170 celcius.
- Grease a baking dish (22cm x 33cm)with butter (or use some spray)and set aside.
- You need 3 bowls to make this cake.
- In this bowl add the Filling ingredients - Steve's Apple Pie Spice, Cocoa and Brown Sugar and stir until all combined.
- To make the Streusel Topping add to this bowl - the White Sugar, Steve's Apple Pie Spice, Plain Flour, and melted butter.
- Mix well until all combined.
- To make the cake batter, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Then add the eggs and vanilla essence.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients - plain flour, bi-carb and sour cream and beat until the batter is nice and smooth
To make up
- Pour half the batter into the baking dish and spread it out so that it's even.
- Then sprinkle thick the 'Filling' mixture. Pour the remainder of the batter over the top and spread out once again.
- On the top sprinkle the Streusel Topping over the whole batter mixture.
- Bake in the oven for approx 45 mins to 1 hour. (I actually forgot to time how long it took the cake to cook) Just keep checking it from this time with a cake skewer in the centre.
- When the skewer comes out clean allow to cool on the bench before eating.
APPLE PIE SPICE
This fragrant blend promises to add a little indulgence to your dishes, whether it be for breakfast or for baking.
Made in Australia from less than 10% Australian grown ingredients, Apple Pie Spice is perfect for apple pies, while also great in other goods like cakes, desserts, cookies, muffins, smoothies, porridge, or anything which requires cinnamon.
Our Apple Pie Spice offers the opportunity to add something extra to the typical recipe and experiment with richer flavours in baking.
$4.25 – $8.50
100% Herbs & Spices
No Preservatives, Additives, Flavours or Colours
Low Carb / Keto