Chicken Satay Skewers
- 600 grams Chicken Thighs cut up into chunks
- 2 tablespoons Steve's Malay Satay Spice
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 400 ml Tin Coconut Milk or Cream
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Brown Sugar (no more than 1 tablespoon)
- Optional Veggies: Sliced Onion & Capsicum
- In a bowl combine together with a whisk coconut milk, sugar, vinegar, peanut butter and Satay Spice.
- Add the chunky chicken, stirring to coat.
- Cover and place in the fridge for approx 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a char-grill frypan, or bbq on medium heat.
- Thread chicken onto bamboo skewers and arrange on a baking tray and brush with oil.
- Cook in small batches, turning often. Depending on the thickness of the chicken it should take no more than 10 minutes for each chicken skewer.
- Transfer all of the Satay Mixture from the bowl into a saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat stirring often until hot and slightly reduced. About 5 -10 mins
- Serve the skewers with satay sauce.
MALAY SATAY SPICE MIX
Bringing you the traditional satay flavours typical to Malaysian food, this fantastic spice mix allows you to infuse authentic tastes into everyday cooking.
Made from 83% Australian grown ingredients this Malay Satay Spice Blend is perfect for both meat and vegetarian dishes. This spice mix reinvigorates homemade Malaysian food in the kitchen, allowing you and your guests to enjoy exotic flavours designed exclusively with natural ingredients.
100% Herbs & Spices
No Preservatives, Additives, Flavours or Colours
Low Carb / Keto